- 64 fl. oz. Apple Cider
- 16 fl. oz. Cranberry Juice Cocktail
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 1/8 inch thick coins of fresh ginger
- 8 allspice berries
- 2 whole star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- 8 cardamon pods, slightly crushed
- 10 fl. oz. Bourbon
- 10 2 inch strips of orange peel for garnish
- Tie up all of the spices except the cinnamon and ginger in a sachet of cheese cloth.
- Make 10 2 inch strips of orange peel with a vegetable peeler and set aside for garnishing the mugs.
- Put the apple cider, cranberry juice and brown sugar in a covered pot and bring to a low simmer. (Also works in a 30 cup percolator)
- Add the cinnamon sticks, ginger and the sachet to the hot cider and let it steep for at least 20 minutes.
- Add an ounce of bourbon to each mug and top off with the spiced cider. Rub the edge of the mug with a piece of orange peel and drop into the drink. Enjoy!